Teen Risks His Life To Save 14 Clydesdales From Barn Fire - Jan Avaj News

Teen Risks His Life To Save 14 Clydesdales From Barn Fire

It’s every horse owner’s nightmare – waking up in the middle of the night to your barn ablaze. The Martin family of Oconne County, Georgia were awakened in the middle of the night to the sound of their barn burning with their 14 Clydesdales, including a three-week-old colt and a pregnant mare due any day, trapped inside. The doors were locked shut due to the power being out and the fire burned all around the building.

They may have all perished, had it not been for the quick thinking of the family 16 year-old-son, Macon Martin. “I just ran right out,” Macon told the local news. “I had no clothes on, no shoes – no nothing.” He jumped into his family’s Gator tractor and used it bust down the door, calling his mom to follow him. They were able to open up the end of the stalls and pushed the horses out. The fire was caused by a lightning bolt.

“It shook the whole house,” Shannon Martin told the local news. “One minute I am in bed; the next minute I am standing up next to the bed trying to figure out what bomb went off.”Our hearts go out to the Martin family but we are so thrilled that all they lost was the barn, which can be rebuilt. Macon is a true hero! Leave your words of kudos and encouragement in the comments!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.